"After watching his classmates mingling at recess, the Colorado third-grader decided the boys needed some help. With a creative writing assignment due, Alec spun his observations into a pamphlet called How to Talk to Girls - which then sold for $3 (U.S.) at the school fair."
Some of my favourite Alec Greven quotes include...
Q: What were these boys doing wrong?From the basics of love at recess and beyond, to questions ideas and suggestions... I've received some great ones via here, email and Facebook (thank you!) Therefore, early next week, maybe even Monday... Watch out for my first (of many) Giveaways!
A: Usually their brains turned to mush and they [would] say something wrong.
If you like a girl, comb your hair and don't wear sweats. You don't have to try too hard, but just try to look kind of clean.
Go for a talkative girl if you are shy. Then you only have to say one sentence, and she will do the rest of the talking.
Whatever happens, don't let it make you crazy.
Speaking of ideas and suggestions, Corteaus kindly recommended kerismith.com. What I hadn't realized is I am déjà familiar with Keri's work. I recently gave Wreck this Journal to my dear friend Amanda (photographed to the left).
Whilst visiting Keri's site I came across her 100 Ideas which I absolutely adore, please do check them out. Again some of my faves...
34. Fill an entire page in your journal with small circles. Color them in.
39. Write about your relationship with your washing machine.
44. Put postcards of art pieces/painting on the inside of your kitchen cupboard doors, so you can see them everyday (but not become deaf to them).
51. Draw a map of your favorite sitting spots in your town/city. (photocopy it and give it to someone you like).
93. Write your own definition of one of the following concepts, sitting, waiting, sleeping (without using the actual word.)
Here's to your ideas! Bon Weekend!