Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 2009! "Enjoy the Show!"



As promised, I am continuing to share my Did you know Ecojot cards... Today's card is brought you by the colour "Robin Egg Blue" (according to Wikipedia's handy Shades of Cyan and the number 7 (because Lily happens to be 7... See card). I hope you enjoy learning a bit more about Ecojot designer Carolyn Gavin.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I wanted to start the year with a mélange of different media, and so below two videos. Just click on the images to watch the videos.

The first, a little on the overly sweet side, I may actually like Marie Digby's "Say It Again" video more for its concept and paper props than the song itself.


The second, also on the sweet side, Lenka's "The Show" seemed very apropos for the new year... "Official" version below. My preferred original video here.

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle.
Life is a maze and love is a riddle.
I dont know where to go.
I can't do it alone, I've tried,
and I don't know why.
...
...
I know I've got to let it go,
and just enjoy the show"
Lastly, from print to video and then video to print... Came across a great article in the New York Time's Week in Review: Design Loves a Depression by Michael Cannell. As the article states, "Design tends to thrive in hard times." However, what Cannell touches on is whether "today's designers [will] rise to the occasion" to design not just affordable products, but efficient long-lasting, waste-reducing design.... I certainly hope so!

Here's to enjoying the show and an exciting 2009 ahead!

PS - December Giveaway winner to be announced this week, perhaps tomorrow, or Wednesday... Remember to keep an eye or two out ;)

xo,
ej

No comments:

ShareThis

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails