Friday, August 14, 2009

Three Saturday afternoons to appreciate YOU!

Happy Friday!!!

If you didn't catch it from Facebook and Twitter statuses... Here's a clip of the CTV Canada AM piece that Ecojot was featured in.... I'm not able to embed it... But just click here to view or click on the image below :) It was definitely great press! Thank you to Melissa Thibodeau for the link!


With the world economy where it's at, I am not a believer in the concept of protectionism. However I do like how BuyCanadianFirst.ca encourages consumers to really inquire what it is they're buying... Where is it coming from? A sweatshop-free environment? What is it made from? Is it truly green? As I frequently mention, there is so much greenwashing going on with being eco-friendly being very popular and marketable... Sometimes it is hard to tell. Something may appear recycled, but not at all... So beware and eco-conscious consumers ;D

So my sister is in town again for a little over a week before she starts class in Michigan. It's nearly noon, and as a typical teen, she's still sleeping! I suppose one must enjoy their summer vacation while it's still here =p She's actually going to help put together a little Ecojot project I'm working on that involves some fun video editing... Pat happens to be a little video editing star, so I'm excited to see the results!

So speaking of projects (okay, not the best segway, but I try...)
Candy-- I finally saw "Julie & Julia" with my sister and good friend Amanda yesterday! Loved it! In fact, I miss cooking French cuisine... I called France home last year, and I sure do miss it! Ordered a copy of "How to Master the Art of French Cooking" last night... Hehe. I bet that book has seen a resurgence!

I still intend to read Julie & Julia (which I will borrow from the library)... I know this sounds rather odd, but I prefer to see a movie first and then read the book. I know it's usually the reverse for most, but for me, I'd rather watch the movie, and then read the book to expand the details of a story. I find when I read a book first, I usually get quite frustrated that the movie doesn't give it justice... So I am also doing to same with "The Time Traveler's Wife" which a friend has already loaned me. A bit odd perhaps ;)

Have you seen the trailer for Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana's new flick opening today? Click here for a peek.

Finally as per my headline.... three dates to mark on your calendar... I am hosting three Ecojot Fans Appreciation Afternoons...

Saturday, August 29th, 2009 at Outer Layer: 577 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 at
Wyndham Art Supplies: 164 Wyndham Street North, Guelph, ON.

Saturday, September 19, 2009 at
Midocco: 555 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON.

We're going to have prizes, coupons, and other cool surprises. So if you are in the neighbourhood stop by and say hello. I'll be at all the locations listed above from 12:30pm - 4pm! Hope to see you there.

I hope to expand these events in to other parts of Canada and the US. So fingers crossed, I can get other stores to participate!!! Own a store? Want to have an Ecojot Fans Appreciation Afternoon? Contact me!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

xo,
ej

1 comment:

Candied Fabrics said...

So glad to hear you liked the movie - we still haven't been...maybe this weekend!

ShareThis

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails