Thursday, October 8, 2009

Romantic Shorts Thursday... Plus keeping the "Planet in Focus!"

As you may or may not know, I am a bit of a hopeless romantic... I rarely like admitting it but I really enjoy romantic comedies... I recently saw "The Proposal" starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds and totally enjoyed it 0;)

But I also enjoy shorts, and so of course I have a particular fondness for sweet, cute, mushy shorts... Signs below was a short sent to me by my friend Johnson a while back, and I hadn't realized until today when I went searching for it here on my blog that I haven't shared it... The characters aren't exactly environmentally friendly with their paper-use, but it's still super cute and worth the share...

Signs from Kevin Ferguson on Vimeo.

Then there's "Struck" which my brother G posted on his Facebook profile recently... Another great short by Director Taron Lexton, Screenplay by Milena Ferreira and produced by her husband Nathan Lorch. Full info on their website StrucktheFilm.com. Turns out it has done a full film festival circuit and one many accolades!

Struck from weian zhou on Vimeo.

Clearly both male characters are "struck!" I hope you enjoy!

Speaking of films, I gotta make a plug for "Planet in Focus," Canada's preeminent international environmental film and video festival! It start's Wednesday, October 21st and goes on until Sunday, October 25th. Venues include Royal Cinema, Innis College, Bata Shoe Museum, Festival Box Office, the ROM, and the Gardiner Museum.

And I am excited to say that Ecojot will be attending the Eco Exchange, on the last two days of the film fest, Saturday and Sunday, October 24 and 25! So mark your calendars, watch some ecoFILMS and stop by and say hello at the Eco Exchange... I'll have jellybellies, buttons and a free Ecojot raffle... Plus some Ecojot journals for purchase!

Tickets are $10 each, $8 for students and seniors and a pass for the whole festival is only $100... That's cheaper than seeing a movie on a regular night out ;)

Happy Thursday! Hope you enjoyed the shorts!

xo,
ej

No comments:

ShareThis

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails